- 2 oz. 50 g Romaine lettuce or baby gem lettuce
- ½ oz. 15 g butter or mayonnaise
- 1 oz. 30 g edam cheese or other cheese of your liking
- ½ ½ avocado, slicedavocados, sliced
- 4 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Rinse the lettuce thoroughly and use it as a base for the toppings.
- Spread butter or mayonnaise on the lettuce leaves, and layer the cheese, avocado and tomato on top. Enjoy!
Some other yummy toppings to try are tuna salad and egg salad. Try these out on your kids—they will love selecting their own toppings and putting them together.
About the recipe
Here's a breakfast idea from Fanny Lindkvist, who runs a popular Swedish blog and the Instagram account LessCarbs (now at 12k followers and growing quickly). Her recipes are deliciously simple and this is a good example.