Keto salmon-filled avocados
Avocado + smoked salmon = no cooking. This creamy dish is a luxurious breakfast, quick lunch or light dinner. Or serve it as a colorful appetizer at your next dinner party. So easy... so delicious... so keto.
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) avocadoavocados
- ½ cup 120 ml sour cream or crème fraîche or mayonnaise
- 8 oz. 230 g smoked salmon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Place a dollop of sour cream, crème fraiche, or mayonnaise in the hollow of the avocado and place the smoked salmon on top.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and a squeeze lemon juice for extra flavor (and to keep the avocado from turning brown).
This keto plate can be served with any other type of fatty fish — boiled, pan-fried or smoked. It tastes even better with a little fresh dill or chives!
You can add the listed fiber count to the net carb count to get the total carbs.
Avocados have loads of good fats, but do have carbs.
Yes, cream cheese would also work well for this recipe.
only about 20g protein and closer to 8g net carbs (with mayo) and 10g net carbs (with sour cream)
For some reason, this recipe is pulling information for regular salmon and not smoked salmon. I have asked the Recipe Team to review this entry. Thank you!
Great question, Lisa! They are weighed whole to start.