Avocado + smoked salmon = no cooking. This creamy dish is a luxurious breakfast, quick lunch or light dinner. Or serve it as a colorful appetizer at your next dinner party. So easy... so delicious... so keto.
- 2 2 avocadoavocados
- 6 oz. 175 g smoked salmon
- ¾ cup 175 ml crème fraîche or sour cream or mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Place a dollop of crème fraiche or mayonnaise in the hollow of the avocado and add smoked salmon on top.
- Season to taste with salt and a squeeze lemon juice for extra flavor (and to keep the avocado from turning brown).
This keto plate can be served with any other type of fatty fish—boiled, fried or smoked. It tastes even better with a little fresh dill!