Low carb ginger smoothie
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml unsweetened coconut milk or coconut cream, canned
- 2⁄3 cup 160 ml water
- 1 oz. 28 g frozen spinach
- 2 tsp 2 tsp grated, fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lime juice, divided
- grated fresh ginger, for serving
- Add the coconut milk or coconut cream, water, spinach, and grated ginger into a blender. Also, add half of the lime juice. Increase the amount of lime juice to taste, after blending together until smooth.
- Sprinkle with some grated ginger and serve. So tasty!!
Prep your smoothies ahead of time to ease the morning rush. They last in the fridge for up to 2 days. Use an air-tight lid and remember to shake well before drinking!
About the recipe
This recipe comes from Fanny Lindkvist, who runs a popular Swedish blog and the Instagram account LessCarbs.
Might be a great way to add vinegar to the last meal of the day
I used fresh baby spinach and fresh ginger and added some avocado and a little bit of stevia, and those lime, ginger and sweet flavours mix together perfectly and just pop! The avocado and coconut cream provided the perfect amount of creaminess and with a bit of ice, it was really refreshing. Thanks for a great recipe!
Almond milk would work well.
If you are allergic to all citrus, it may be best to just avoid it altogether.
What kind of liquid did you have in mind?
I'm not entirely sure, but you may want to try adding less water or perhaps adding more spinach.
Try adding some avocado, it helps cream it up a bit.
Our listed nutrition is accurate for the measurements given. This is a small serving size. If you wish to have 2 servings, just double each of the macros listed.