Kale salad with goat cheese and pomegranate
- 12 oz. 350 g kale
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (21⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (65 g) pumpkin seeds
- ½ ½ pomegranate, peeled and seeds separatedpomegranates, peeled and seeds separated
- 8 oz. 230 g goat cheese or feta cheese
- ½ cup 120 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp orange juice
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- If you haven't bought pre chopped and ready to use kale, start off by washing and drying the kale. Cut off the ribs/stem from each kale leaf. Chop the kale into bite-sized pieces. Put it on a big plate or bowl.
- To tenderize the kale, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and drizzle with olive oil and massage the kale with your hands until they darken in color.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan on medium heat until they got a bit it of color. Set aside.
- Deseed the pomegranate.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl. Pour it over the kale and mix.
- Add almost all of the pumpkin and pomegranate seeds, save some for garnish, and toss together.
- Crumble the goat cheese on the salad and top with the remaining pomegranate and pumpkin seeds. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
Feel free to swap the kale leaves for baby spinach.