Low carb chia pudding
- 1 cup 240 ml unsweetened, canned or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl or jar. Mix well.
- Cover, place in the fridge to let gel overnight (or for at least 4 hours). Before you dig in, check to be sure the pudding has thickened and the chia seeds have gelled.
- Serve the pudding with cream, coconut milk or some fresh or frozen berries.
Tip from our Dietitian
If enjoying this chia pudding for breakfast we recommend increasing the protein for a more filling and nutritious meal.
If you tolerate dairy could could add 2 tbsp whey protein isolate per serving.
If you don't eat dairy products, eat a couple of eggs on the side.
Spice it up!
For a different flavor, try adding some cinnamon, cardamom, unsweetened cocoa powder, dry matcha tea or nut butter to your chia pudding. The possibilities are endless!