- 10 oz. 275 g , chopped into pieces
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 oz. 150 g fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced in small pieces
- 3 oz. 75 g Parma ham,"proscuitto", thinly sliced
- 3 oz. 75 g salami, thinly sliced
- 5 oz. 150 g canned artichokes in water, drained and quartered
- 3 oz. 75 g canned roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 oz. 30 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, strained and chopped
- 1 oz. 30 g olives, whole and pitted, or sliced
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml fresh basil
- 1 1 red chili pepper, finely choppedred chili peppers, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- Chop or tear the lettuce into smaller pieces. Distribute it on plates or a large platter. Add the parsley.
- Layer the antipasto ingredients on top.
- In a mortar or small bowl, add basil, finely chopped chili and salt. Crush with a wooden spoon or use the mortar and pestle. Sprinkle over salad and drizzle with olive oil.
To keep the lettuce crisp, make sure to add the dressing at time of serving, not beforehand.
This salad is based on classic Italian cold cuts but you can always personalize it to your own liking. For example, you can replace ham and salami with tuna or mackerel in tomato sauce. You can also add chicken leftovers, marinated shrimp or crab meat. For some extra protein, add some boiled eggs.