- 10 oz. 275 g Romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 oz. 150 g mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz. 75 g Parma ham
- 3 oz. 75 g salami
- 5 oz. 150 g canned artichokes
- 3 oz. 75 g canned roasted red peppers
- 1 oz. 30 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olives
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml fresh basil
- 1 1 red chili pepper, finely choppedred chili peppers, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp sea salt
- Chop or tear the lettuce into smaller pieces. Put on plates or on a large platter. Add the parsley.
- Distribute the antipasto ingredients on top.
- Add basil, finely chopped chili and salt in a mortar or a small bowl. Crush with a wooden spoon or use the mortar and pestle. Sprinkle over salad and drizzle with olive oil.
This salad is based on classic Italian cold cuts but you can always personalize it to your own liking. For example, you can replace ham and salami with tuna or mackerel in tomato sauce. You can also add chicken leftovers, marinated shrimp or crab meat. For some extra protein, add some boiled eggs.