Creamy turnip slaw
- 15 oz. 400 g turnip
- 1 1 small carrotsmall carrots or appleapples (optional)
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml fresh parsley or fresh coriander or fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Rinse and peel the vegetables. You don't need to peel the apple, just core it. Grate everything into rough pieces by hand or in a machine. Put in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix. Season to taste.
- Serve as a fresh side dish to fish, meat or poultry.
Live it up—swap out the turnip and go with the stem of broccoli, black radish or kohlrabi. Variety is the spice of life!