Soft keto seed bread
- 1 cup 225 ml (100 g) almond flour
- ¾ cup 175 ml (75 g)
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml (50 g) sesame seeds
- ½ cup 125 ml (100 g) flaxseed
- ¼ cup 60 ml (40 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 3 tsp 3 tsp (15 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground fennel seeds or ground caraway seeds
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 6 eggeggs
- ½ cup 125 ml melted butter or melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup 175 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) poppy seeds or sesame seeds, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients, except the seeds for the topping, in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix thoroughly. Place the dough in a greased bread pan, about 4 x 7 inches (non-stick or use parchment paper). Sprinkle the top with the seeds.
- Bake for about 45 minutes on the lower rack in the oven. Prick the bread with a knife to see if it's ready, it should come out clean. Take it out of the oven and remove the bread from the form.
- Remove the parchment paper and let the loaf cool on a rack. If the loaf is allowed to cool in the form the crust will be soggy.
- Serve it freshly baked with your favorite toppings.
This bread is great for toasting and can also be used to make your favorite sandwiches. Fill it with bacon, lettuce and tomato for an awesome BLT or serve it as a side to your favorite low-carb or keto soup.
Storing the bread
This bread needs to be stored in the fridge or in the freezer. When stored in the fridge it keeps up to 5 days. If you want to store it in the freezer we suggest slicing it before doing so. Place a bit of parchment paper between each slice to make single servings easier. Thaw the bread in the fridge or in room temperature and then toast it for best flavor.