Here's a good keto bread option, baked with almond and coconut flour. It's compact and very satisfying. One or two slices with plenty of toppings will go a long way.
- 1 cup 250 ml almond flour
- ¾ cup 175 ml coconut flour
- 51⁄3 tablespoons 80 ml sesame seeds
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml ground psyllium husk powder
- 3 teaspoons 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds or ground caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese
- ½ cup 125 ml melted butter or melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup 175 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon poppy seeds or sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients, except for the seeds for the topping (poppy or sesame seeds) in a bowl.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients in a different, bigger bowl until the batter is smooth.
- Add the dry mixture to the batter and mix thoroughly. Place the dough in a greased bread pan, about 4 x 7 inches (non-stick or use parchment paper).
- Bake for about 45 minutes on lower rack in the oven. Prick the bread with a knife to see if it's ready, it should come out clean. Remove the form from the oven and remove the bread from the form.
- Remove the parchment paper and let the loaf cool on a rack. If the loaf is allowed to cool in the form the crust will be soggy.
- Slice and store in the freezer. This bread is great as toast.