Keto sesame bread
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 7 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 200 g (210 ml) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp white vinegar 5%
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat the cream cheese, eggs, sesame oil, and half of the olive oil until fluffy with a hand mixer.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the sesame seeds and mix until well combined.
- Spread the batter/dough in a loaf pan (9" x 5" or 23 x 13 cm) greased with butter or lined with parchment paper. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Brush with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds and a touch of sea salt.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until golden brown on top and not doughy in the middle.
You can store the bread in the fridge for two to three days or slice it and freeze it for later use. Reheat at low temperature in the oven or microwave. You can even use the toaster for additional crispiness.
If you are looking for an excellent dish to go with the bread, try our Turkish baked shrimp recipe. Yum!
Not a fan of sesame seeds? Feel free to sub in poppy seeds or flaxseeds.
If you need some more tips and ideas, check out our low-carb baking guide.
Recommended special equipment
Thanks so much for your feedback. We've listened, re-tested this recipe, and improved it. We hope once you try it again yourself, you'll notice the difference — and love it as much as we do.
/The recipe team
P.S. To keep the comments section up-to-date, we've gone ahead and removed any comments regarding the now-resolved issues. Thanks!
I didn't try making it before so can't remark on any differences in the updated recipe.
Thank you for sharing this!
The default number of servings for this recipe is 8, so 1 serving is 1/8th of the total loaf. The nutrition information is always listed per serving, which is why the numbers don't change if you make fewer or more servings.
Thank you for letting the team know. We have now updated the instructions and can confirm it's meant to be 350*F (175*C). Hope that helps!
I believe keeping the sesame oil would be the best option for this recipe. However, we have a variety of other bread recipes you may want to try! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/recipes/bread
Tried alao the keto bună from this site, loved that one too, but this one kicks-ass!
Can be buttered, spread over...thumbs up!!
Thanks, Kathi! So glad you love this recipe!
Hi, Charmaine! Yes, 6 eggs would be for 12 servings.