Keto mummy dogs
- ½ cup 125 ml (60 g) almond flour
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp (30 g)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- 2½ oz. 75 g butter
- 6 oz. 175 g (375 ml) shredded cheese
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 lb 450 g sausage in links, or uncured hot dogssausages in links, or uncured hot dogs
- 1 1 egg, for brushing the dougheggs, for brushing the dough
- 16 16 cloves, for the mummies eyes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and cheese in a pan on low heat. Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon, for a smooth and flexible batter. After a few minutes, remove from heat.
- Stir the egg into to the flour mixture, and then add the cheese mixture, combining all until it becomes a firm dough.
- Flatten into a rectangle, about 8×14 inches (20×35 cm).
- Cut into 8 long strips, less than an inch wide (1.5–2 cm).
- Wrap the dough strips around the hot dog and brush with a whisked egg.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15–20 minutes until the dough is golden brown. The hot dog will be done by then too.
- Push two cloves into each hot dog to make them look like eyes – but only for decoration. Don’t eat the cloves!
Using larger hot dogs? Pre-fry them for a couple of minutes before wrapping them up in the cheese dough and baking.