Keto mummy dogs
- ½ cup 120 ml (60 g) almond flour
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp (30 g)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- 22⁄3 oz. 75 g butter
- 1½ cups 360 ml (175 g) shredded cheese
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 lb 450 g sausage in links, of good quality (preferably shaped like hot dogs)sausages in links, of good quality (preferably shaped like hot dogs)
- 1 1 egg, for brushing the dougheggs, for brushing the dough
- 16 16 cloves, for the mummies eyes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and cheese in a pan on low heat.
- Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon, for a smooth and flexible batter. It will take a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Crack the egg and stir. Add the flour mixture and mix together into a firm dough.
- Flatten into a rectangle, about 8×14 inches (20×35 cm).
- Cut into 8 long strips, less than an inch wide (1.5–2 cm).
- Wrap the dough strips around the hot dog and brush with a whisked egg.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15–20 minutes until the dough is golden brown. The hot dog will be done by then too.
- Push two cloves into each hot dog to make them look like eyes – but only for decoration. Don’t eat the cloves!
Using larger hot dogs? Pre-fry them for a couple of minutes before wrapping them up in the cheese dough and baking.