Keto pizza crust
- 1¼ cups 300 ml (150 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup 60 ml unflavored protein powder
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp (30 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 cup 225 ml boiling water
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients until well blended. Add in the eggs, stirring until well combined.
- Slowly add boiling water to the mixture, until the dough thickens. With your hands, shape the dough into a ball.
- Place the ball on a greased baking sheet. Spray a piece of parchment with oil and place it on top of the dough to help spread it without sticking. Use a rolling pin or your hands to spread the dough into a 16-inch round.
- The dough will rise to 2-3 times its size, so make the thickness one third of what you want the final crust to be.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and brush with butter or coconut oil and return to oven. Broil for 3-8 minutes or until the crust is crisp. Watch closely during this step to make sure it doesn’t burn, but just crisps up. Start broiling with the crust flipped over to crisp the bottom first. Then, flip it and broil the top.
- Let cool and store in the freezer until you want to use it. If you can't wait, add toppings and broil for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and starts to brown.
Individual pizzas can be fun for any crowd. Just divide the dough into two and make a 10-12" crust. Go even smaller for little kids, and set-up a 'make your own mini pizza' buffet!