Keto pizza crust
- 1¼ cups 300 ml (150 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup 60 ml unflavored protein powder
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp (30 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 cup 225 ml boiling water
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (175°C).
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix until blended. Add eggs and stir until well combined.
- Add boiling water and mix until the dough thickens. Start to form a ball.
- Place the ball on a greased baking sheet. Spray a piece of parchment with oil and place it on top of the dough to help spread it without sticking. Use a rolling pin or your hands to spread the dough into a 16-inch round.
- The dough will raise to 2-3 times its size, so make the thickness one third of what you want the final crust to be. (I like a 1/4-inch thick crust so I start with about 1/8 inch or less thickness.)
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and brush with butter or coconut oil and return to oven. Broil for 3-8 minutes or until the crust is crisp. (Careful—watch closely during this step to make sure it doesn’t burn, but just crisps up.) I start the broil with the crust flipped over to crisp the bottom first. Then, I flip it and broil the top.
- Let cool and store in the freezer until you want to use it. (If you can't wait, add toppings and broil for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and starts to brown.)
Individual pizzas can be fun for any crowd. Just divide the dough into two and make a 10-12" crust. Go even smaller for little kids, and set-up a 'make your own mini pizza' buffet!