Keto pizza crust
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) 300 ml (140 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup 60 ml unflavored protein powder
- ¼ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (40 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 cup 240 ml boiling water
- 1½ oz. 45 g melted butter or coconut oil, for brushing
- olive oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or use non-stick baking sheets, and lightly coat either option with olive oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Add the eggs, and stir until combined.
- Slowly add boiling water to the mixture, and mix until the dough thickens, and becomes sticky. Divide the dough in half. Lightly moisten hands with olive oil, and shape the dough into two balls.
- Put each ball in the center of the baking sheets, topped with a touch of olive oil. Place parchment papers on top of each ball. Lay a rolling pin, or your hands on top of the parchment papers, to shape and flatten the dough into two, 10-inch (25 cm) round, thin crusts. Discard the upper parchment papers. Using a fork, prick holes all over the crusts to help prevent bubbles from forming.
- Bake on the middle rack(s) for about 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove, and brush with butter or coconut oil.
- Increase the temperature to the Broil setting (Watch closely during this step to make sure that the crusts become crispy, yet not burnt). Broil both sides of the pizza base until light brown and crispy, approximately 1-3 minutes per side.
- Set aside to cool, and then store in the freezer until you want to use them. If you can't wait, pre-heat the oven to 425 °F (218°C), add toppings and bake on the middle rack for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, and starts to brown.
These frozen crusts make dinner time easy! Preheat the oven to 425 °F (218° C). Unwrap the crusts and place them on a baking sheet. Add your sauce and favorite toppings, and then place them in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Individual pizzas can be fun for any crowd. Go even smaller for little kids, and set-up a 'make your own mini pizza' buffet!