Keto BBQ chicken meatza with bacon
- 1 lb 450 g ground chicken or ground turkey
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups (5½ oz.) 475 ml (160 g) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup 120 ml tomato sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp liquid smoke
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded sharp cheddar cheese or provolone cheese
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onion, slicedred onions, sliced (optional)
- 6 oz. 170 g bacon, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
- Place the ground chicken in a large bowl. Add the salt and parmesan and use your hands to combine well.
- Grease a sheet of parchment paper and set it on an un-rimmed baking sheet or pizza peel for easy transfer to the oven. Place the crust mixture on the parchment and use your hands to form it into a 12" (30 cm) circle or a 10" (25 cm) square. Slide the piece of parchment with the crust onto the hot pizza stone in the oven or onto a baking sheet. Bake for 12–15 minutes, until the crust, is turning light golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the BBQ sauce. Add everything to a bowl, mix well.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven, top with BBQ sauce, cheese, and slices of red onion if desired. Place back into the oven for 7–10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, place the diced bacon in a cast-iron skillet of medium-high heat and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven and garnish with crispy bacon.
Recommended special equipment
Un-rimmed baking sheet or pizza peel
Using a pizza stone helps crisp up the crust nicely. If you don't have a pizza stone, you can use a baking sheet; however, the crust will not be as crispy as it would be with a stone crust.
If you prepared more BBQ sauce than necessary, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 8 days.
Yes, that should work!
Butter, coconut oil, or lard would be good options.