Keto coconut-flour bread
- 6 6 eggeggs
- ½ cup 120 ml melted coconut oil
- ½ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (50 g)
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and melted coconut oil together.
- Add the dry ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Grease a small bread pan and fill about ⅔ of the way full with batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
We love this bread with soups and sandwiches.
This bread is neutral in flavor but if you want to you can add your favorite spices or why not try 1-2 tablespoons of our holiday bread seasoning?
You can store this bread in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make sure you slice the bread prior to freezing it and place parchment paper between each slice. That way you will always have easy access to the number of slices you need.
We recommend using a toaster or toaster oven for reheating.
Did your bread turn green when baking it? It has been known to happen with this recipe. Don't worry, it's perfectly safe to eat.
The green color is the result of a chemical reaction between the leavening agent, in this case baking soda and chlorophyl or chlorogenic acid. This reaction is most common in recipes using sunflower seeds or meal but has been known to happen with other flours as well.
To prevent this from happening you can reduce the amount of baking powder by one third and/or add a couple of teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice to the wet ingredients before adding them to the dry ones.