Keto gyro meatballs with Greek sauce
These keto gyro lamb meatballs bear all the eminent flavors of the Mediterranean. Feta cheese and black olives are leading this juicy team of ingredients that come together to bring you the traditional texture of gyro meat.
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground lamb or ground beef
- ¾ cup (1¾ oz.) 180 ml (55 g) mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup (2¾ oz.) 120 ml (80 g) red onion, dicedred onions, diced
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) black olives, diced
- 8 oz. (1½ cups) 230 g (375 ml) feta cheese cut into ¼ inch dices
- ¼ cup 60 ml tomato sauce
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1 garlic clove, smashed to a pastegarlic cloves, smashed to a paste
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- To make the Greek sauce, place all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Mix to combine well. Set aside. It can be made up to four days ahead.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Form into 1½-inch (4 cm) round balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet about ¼ inch (7 mm) apart. Bake for 15 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked to your liking. Serve with the sauce.
Store and reheat
Store any extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To reheat, place meatballs in a baking dish in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
You should be able to find it at the grocery store, with the other spices, like Italian seasoning. If not, you can definitely find recipes available online with an internet search. It shouldn't have sugar in it anyway.
Tomato sauce is just tomatoes, no other ingredients, but is thinner than tomato paste and smoother than tomato puree. It is generally in the canned goods section near the other tomato products.
That depends on how big or small you make your meatballs. The recipe as written makes 8 servings so divide your total batch by 8 to get one serving.
The nutrition information on our recipes and meal plans is always per serving.