Keto gyro meatballs with Greek sauce
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground lamb or ground beef
- ¾ cup 180 ml mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup (2¾ oz.) 120 ml (80 g) red onion, dicedred onions, diced
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) black olives, diced
- 8 oz. 230 g feta cheese cut into ¼ inch dices
- ¼ cup 60 ml
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1 garlic clove, smashed to a pastegarlic cloves, smashed to a paste
- To make the Greek sauce, place all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Mix to combine well. Set aside. It can be made up to four days ahead.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Form into 1½-inch (4 cm) round balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet about ¼ inch (7 mm) apart. Bake for 15 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked to your liking. Serve with the sauce.
Store and reheat
Store any extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To reheat, place meatballs in a baking dish in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.