Grilled rosemary lamb kebabs with anchovy salsa verde
- ½ cup 125 ml fresh mint
- ½ cup 125 ml fresh parsley
- 1 oz. 30 g anchovies, fillets
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 1 lemon, the zest
- ¼ ¼ garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ tsp ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup 225 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pinch 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 8 8 fresh rosemary stems
- 8 oz. 225 g boneless lamb chop or lamb loin, cut into 1-inch cubesboneless lamb chops or lamb loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1 Japanese eggplant, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- coarse sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1 lemon
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- Start with the salsa verde. In a food processor, combine the mint, parsley, anchovies, capers, pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic, and red pepper flakes and pulse until finely chopped. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Process until smooth. Season with salt.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Strip the leaves off the rosemary stems, leaving only the leaves at the tops. Coarsely chop the plucked leaves.
- Season the lamb and eggplant all over with salt and pepper. Zest the lemon directly on top and sprinkle with the rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until evenly coated. Skewer the lamb and eggplant onto the rosemary stems, alternating the pieces.
- Grill until nicely browned, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving with the salsa verde.