Keto shepherd’s pie
- 1½ lbs 650 g cauliflower, cut into smaller florets
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ (1½ oz.) ½ (45 g) leek, finely choppedleeks, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 lbs 900 g ground lamb or ground pork
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, for frying
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp tabasco
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 5 oz. (2½ cups) 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook the cauliflower florets in lightly salted water until soft. You can also use frozen cauliflower. Drain thoroughly. Mash the cauliflower with a hand mixer or food processor.
- Mix in crème fraîche or sour cream, egg, butter, leek and half of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the ground meat in butter. Add the sauces and the spices.
- Spread the meat out in an oven-proof dish and cover with the cauliflower mash. Top with the rest of the cheese and maybe some extra butter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until it gets a nice golden color.
- Serve with leafy greens.
Feel free to make a bigger batch at once. You can divide them into smaller portions, freeze and just grab a portion when you don't have enough time to cook or you want to have a ready-made delicious lunchbox for work.