Keto Sindhi style lamb curry with cauliflower rice
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless lamb shoulder, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1¼ cups 300 ml water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee or coconut oil
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onion, finely choppedred onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cardamom (green)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 oz. (5 tbsp) 55 g (70 ml) tomato, choppedtomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp , for garnish
- 1¼ lbs 550 g cauliflower
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the lamb with the water and salt in a pressure cooker for 30-35 minutes on high. In the meantime, prepare the cauliflower rice. When the meat is ready, remove and reserve the stock.
- Heat the butter or ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until they start turning brown, stirring constantly.
- Season with pepper, green cardamom, and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes until the spices become aromatic.
- Add the ginger garlic paste along with the lamb pieces and fry until the meat starts to get some color.
- Add tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the reserved lamb stock and simmer for about 5-10 minutes. To thicken the curry, you can now add the xanthan gum.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Grate the cauliflower in the food processor or manually on the large holes of a box grater.
- Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a pan. When melted, add the cauliflower rice.
- Season with salt and combine well. Cover with the lid and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Stir every 2 minutes to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, remove and serve with the lamb curry.
If you want to cook the lamb in a slow cooker, cook on low heat for at least an hour until the lamb is tender and falls apart easily with a fork.