Italian beef tips
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1½ oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 45 g (65 ml) red onion, dicedred onions, diced
- 4 4 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 5 lbs 2.3 kg boneless top sirloin steakboneless top sirloin steaks or rump beef roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups 475 ml unsweetened marinara sauce
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- fresh thyme or fresh oregano, for garnish (optional)
Instant Pot Method
- Place the butter or coconut oil in a 6-quart Instant Pot and press Sauté. Once melted, add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Press Cancel to stop the Sauté.
- Add the cubed roast, marinara, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Seal the lid, press Pressure Cook or Manual, and set the timer for 25 minutes. Once finished, let the pressure release naturally.
- Serve the meat with the sauce from the pot. Garnish with fresh thyme or oregano.
Slow cooker method
Skip the butter or coconut oil in Step 1. Place the marinara, broth, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine. Place the cubed roast in the marinara mixture. Cover and cook on low for six hours or until the roast is fork-tender. Proceed to step 4.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to one month. To reheat, place in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until warmed through.