Teriyaki grilled steak
- 2 lbs 900 g flank steak
- ¼ cup 60 ml
- 4 4 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp MCT oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp minced dried chives
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp ½ tsp fine sea salt
- Place two layers of plastic wrap on a large surface and place the flank steak on it. Cover the steak with additional plastic wrap. Using a mallet, pound the flank steak until it is ¼ inch thick. You may want to flip the meat to pound everything evenly.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large, deep bowl. Place the flattened flank steak in the bowl, turning it to coat, and let marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- About 45 minutes before you’re ready to cook the flank steak, remove it from the marinade. Season with salt and pepper, and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush the grill rack with oil. Grill the steaks to the desired doneness. 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, turning the steaks a quarter turn after 1½ minutes to form crisscross grill marks, if desired. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile place all the ingredients for the garlic herb sauce in a food processor and purée until smooth or mix thoroughly in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more garlic or salt if desired.
- Thinly slice the steaks across the grain. Transfer to a platter and serve with the sauce.