Crunchy. Salty. Dippable. These fries are low-carb's answer to both "eat your vegetables," and "keep everybody happy." Before you know it, the kids will be asking for eggplant. Who knew?
- 2 2 eggplant
- 2 cups 475 ml [250 g] almond flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel eggplant and cut into french-fry shapes. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the almond flour, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Place the eggs in a separate bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Dip the eggplant pieces into the egg, then into the flour mixture, then back into the egg, and back into the flour mixture.
- Place the coated fries on a greased cookie sheet, and drizzle with melted coconut oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy and brown.
These fries freeze well! Make a huge (quadruple?) batch and pop the extras into a couple of Ziplock bags, post-coating but BEFORE you bake them. A perfect, oven-ready side to pair with almost any meal on some future busy night.