Old-fashioned keto cake donuts
- ½ cup 125 ml (60 g)
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp (1.1 g) baking soda
- 6 6 eggeggs
- ½ cup 125 ml (100 g) erythritol
- ½ cup 125 ml butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup 60 ml melted butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup 60 ml powdered erythritol
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (5 g) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the dry donut ingredients together. Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fill greased donut pan circles about ⅔½ of the way full with batter. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile make the frosting by placing all the ingredients in a medium shallow bowl and stir well to combine. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Dip cooled donuts into the frosting and place on a piece of parchment to chill.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, place the ingredients for the chocolate drizzle in a small bowl and stir well to combine. Drizzle donuts with chocolate drizzle if desired.
You can substitute the ½ cup of coconut flour with 2 cups blanched almond flour. If you use almond flour, use 2 eggs instead of the default 6 eggs.