Keto Naan bread with melted garlic butter
- ¾ cup 175 ml (100 g) coconut flour
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (15 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml melted coconut oil
- 2 cups 475 ml boiling water
- coconut oil, for frying
- sea salt
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add oil and then boiling water and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to rise for five minutes. The dough will turn firm fairly quickly, but stay flexible. It should resemble the consistency of Play-Doh. If you find it’s too runny then add more psyllium husk until it feels right. The amount needed may vary depending on what brand of husk or coconut flour you use.
- Divide into 6 or 8 pieces and form into balls that you flatten with your hands directly on parchment paper or on the kitchen counter.
- Fry rounds in coconut oil over medium heat until the Naan turn a nice golden color.
- Heat the oven to 140°F (70°C) and keep the bread warm while you make more.
- Melt the butter and stir in the freshly squeezed garlic. Apply the melted butter on the bread pieces using a brush and sprinkle flaked salt on top.
- Pour the rest of the garlic butter in a bowl and dip pieces of bread in it.
Love this keto Naan? It's not just for dinner anymore. Leftovers work well in your lunchbox, either as a base for a sandwich or a side for a salad. Keep your coworkers in mind as you apply garlic butter...
If your Naans are falling apart when you fry them, you can bake them in the oven instead. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and spread the dough in thin rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they look inflated. Take out of the oven and fryquickly in a frying pan on medium-high heat to get the lovely golden brown color.
Do your breads end up with a slightly purple color? That can happen with some brands of psyllium husk. Try with another brand, like this one. For more information, check out our low-carb baking guide.