Keto chicken garam masala
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp coriander seed, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cardamom (green)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 lb 450 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (60 g) , finely diced, finely diced
- 1¼ cups 300 ml unsweetened or
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the spices for garam masala.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and fry the chicken in butter or oil until golden brown.
- Add half the garam masala mix to the pan and stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt, and place the chicken, including the juices, in a baking dish.
- Add the finely diced bell pepper to a small bowl along with the coconut cream and remaining garam masala mix.
- Pour over the chicken. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Not in the mood for chicken? Use lamb or pork instead.
You can buy ready-made garam masala in the grocery store. If using store bought, measure out 2 1⁄2 tablespoons. Just make sure that the spice mix has no added sugar, starches or other unnecessary additives.