Keto chicken Garam masala
- 25 oz. 650 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 1 red bell pepper, finely dicedred bell peppers, finely diced
- 1¼ cups 300 ml coconut cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 - 2 tsp 1 - 2 tsp coriander seed, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cardamom (green)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg
You can buy ready-made Garam Masala in the grocery store (about 2 1⁄2 tablespoons). Just make sure that the spice mix is sugar and additive free.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix the spices for Garam masala.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise. Place a large skillet over medium high heat and fry the chicken in butter until golden brown.
- Add half the garam masala mix to the pan and stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt, and place the chicken, including the juices, in a baking dish.
- Finely chop the bell pepper and add that to a small bowl along with the coconut cream and remaining garam masala mix.
- Pour over the chicken. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.