Meet your new favorite spice blend! Garam masala makes every meal sing with earthy, punchy flavors. Throw in silky cream, sweet bell peppers and chicken, and you’ll want to make this keto dish over, and over, again. And then over again!
- 1½ lbs 650 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1 red bell pepper, finely dicedred bell peppers, finely diced
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream or crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 - 2 teaspoons 1 - 2 teaspoons coriander seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (green)
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg
You can buy ready-made Garam Masala in the grocery store (about 2 1⁄2 tablespoons). Just make sure that the spice mix is sugar and additive free.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix the spices for Garam masala.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise and sauté until the meat has turned a nice color.
- Add half the garam masala mix and stir thoroughly.
- Salt, and place the chicken, including the juices, in a baking dish.
- Mix sour cream/heavy whipping cream and bell pepper with the rest of the garam masala mix.
- Spread the mix over the chicken. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.