Meet your new favorite spice blend! Garam masala makes every meal sing with earthy, punchy flavors. Throw in silky coconut cream, sweet bell peppers and chicken, and you’ll want to make this keto dish over, and over, again. And then over again!
- 1½ lbs 650 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 1 red bell pepper, finely dicedred bell peppers, finely diced
- 1¼ cups 300 ml coconut cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 - 2 teaspoons 1 - 2 teaspoons coriander seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (green)
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg
You can buy ready-made Garam Masala in the grocery store (about 2 1⁄2 tablespoons). Just make sure that the spice mix is sugar and additive free.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix the spices for Garam masala.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise. Place a large skillet over medium high heat and fry the chicken in butter until golden brown.
- Add half the garam masala mix to the pan and stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt, and place the chicken, including the juices, in a baking dish.
- Finely chop the bell pepper and add that to a small bowl along with the coconut cream and remaining garam masala mix.
- Pour over the chicken. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.