- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Scotch bonnet chili flakes
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sea salt (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until blended.
- Store the seasoning in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and keep in a dark, dry, and cool place.
If you use whole seeds, grind in a grinder, either in advance or when cooking.
Make a big batch to last for 4–6 months. After this time frame, the spices will lose some flavor and color. They won't go bad - they will just have less flavor.
Garlic flakes or garlic powder can be used for this recipe. Salt can also be added to this seasoning - it's up to you.