- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Scotch bonnet chili flakes
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sea salt (optional)
- Mix together all the spices thoroughly and pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- If you use whole seeds, grind in a grinder either in advance or when cooking.
- Keep the spices in a dark, dry and not too warm place. Small tin cans are great.
- Make a big batch to last for 4–6 months, after this the spices will lose some flavor and color. They won't go bad, though, just less powerful.
In the picture we have used garlic flakes, but you can also use garlic powder. You can add salt to your seasoning, or not - up to you.