Crunchy keto chicken drumsticks with coleslaw
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken drumstick, skin-onchicken drumsticks, skin-on
- ½ cup 120 ml or Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 5 oz. 140 g pork rinds
- 1 cup (3 oz.) 240 ml (85 g) unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 lb 450 g
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a wire rack and place over a baking dish, or grease a broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together a marinade of sour cream or Greek yogurt, jerk seasoning, and salt.
- Add the drumsticks and marinade to a large bowl, and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes, and then transfer the drumsticks to another large bowl.
- Blend the pork rinds into fine crumbs using a food processor or blender. Add the coconut flakes and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour the crumbs over the drumsticks, and toss to coat on all sides.
- Place the drumsticks on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes. Using tongs, gently turn the drumsticks over and bake for another 20 minutes, or until crispy and the internal temperature reads 165°F (74°C). While baking, prepare the coleslaw.
- Serve the drumsticks with a side of coleslaw, and enjoy!
- Using a sharp knife, mandolin, or food processor slicing blade, finely shred the cabbage.
- Place the cabbage, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
Chicken and marinade
Recommended special equipment
Blender or food processor.
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It's free and you can sign up at any time!