Crunchy keto chicken drumsticks with coleslaw
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken drumstickchicken drumsticks
- ½ cup 120 ml or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 5 oz. 140 g pork rinds
- 1 cup (3 oz.) 240 ml (85 g) unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix together a marinade of jerk seasoning, salt, and sour cream. Pour into a big plastic bag with the drumsticks. Do not remove the skin. Shake thoroughly and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the drumsticks from the bag. Discard the bag with the marinade. Put the drumsticks in a new, clean bag.
- Blend pork rinds in a blender or food processor. Add coconut flakes and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour the crumbs into a new, clean bag with the marinated chicken and shake vigorously.
- Place the drumsticks in a greased baking dish, preferably on a roasting rack. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken. Bake in the oven for 40–45 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Turn the drumsticks after half the time. If the breading has already turned a nice color, lower the heat. The coconut flakes are heat sensitive.
- Meanwhile, make your coleslaw. Shred the cabbage finely with a sharp knife, mandolin, or the slicing blade in a food processor. Place the cabbage in a bowl and add salt, pepper, and mayonnaise. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
Recommended special equipment
- Blender or food processor
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It's free and you can sign up at any time!