Keto roast chicken with broccoli and garlic butter
- 2½ lbs 1.1 kg chicken legchicken legs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt (if not already salt in the Italian seasoning)
- 4 oz. 110 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1¼ lbs (6¼ cups) 550 g (1.4 liters) broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Toss chicken legs with olive oil and seasoning.
- Put the chicken legs, skin side up, in a baking dish. Bake 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken reaches 165 °F (74 °C).
- While the chicken is in the oven, cut the broccoli into florets and slice the stem (or use frozen). Boil in lightly salted water for 5 minutes in a saucepan. Drain the water and put on the lid to keep warm.
- Mix all the ingredients to the garlic butter in a bowl. Set aside.
- Serve the chicken with the broccoli and garlic butter.