Keto roast chicken with broccoli and garlic butter
Garlicky parsley butter - yum! Italian-seasoned, moist chicken with a crispy exterior - double yum. It's a quick, tasty, nutritious, cheap keto meal. Works great as fast dinner or a wholesome box lunch. It will become a go-to favorite. We guarantee it.
- 2½ lbs 1.1 kg chicken legchicken legs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt (if not already salt in the Italian seasoning)
- 4 oz. 110 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1¼ lbs (6¼ cups) 550 g (1.4 liters) broccoli
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Toss chicken legs with olive oil and seasoning.
- Put the chicken legs, skin side up, in a baking dish. Bake 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken reaches 165 °F (74 °C).
- While the chicken is in the oven, cut the broccoli into florets and slice the stem (or use frozen). Boil in lightly salted water for 5 minutes in a saucepan. Drain the water and put on the lid to keep warm.
- Mix all the ingredients to the garlic butter in a bowl. Set aside.
- Serve the chicken with the broccoli and garlic butter.
that converters are available is not the point.
Look up to the top right of your screen to be sure you are logged in. If you do not see your name next in the "user menu" area, you are not logged in which may prohibit you from accessing some of the member-only features of the website.
It can be if that is the amount of fat that adds flavor to your taste and to your satiety. You do not have to use it all, but you may.
(Also, why does the 2 week challenge have two meals on the same day with broccoli! That's overkill!)
You are welcome to substitute a meal with another from our collection.
Yes, weighing when raw is best.
That's actually a little short. It takes 16 tablespoons of butter to make 1 cup.
Thank you for your feedback.
Which shopping list are you referring to? Can you provide a link? Thanks!
Hello! The default recipe makes 4 servings. Each serving is 7 net carbs. The photo shown would be approx. one serving.