- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ground nutmeg
- Mix the spices carefully and pour into a small jar. Spices are sensitive to both light and heat, so store the jar in a cool and dark place.
You get more aroma if you use whole, dried spices—seeds and leaves—and grind right before use. Try this with the pepper, cumin, nutmeg, and thyme. Organic spices and herbs usually offer the best flavor... unless you grow your own!