Mild curry seasoning
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coriander seed, ground
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp chili flakes
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sea salt (optional)
- Mix together all the spices thoroughly and pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- If you use whole seeds, grind in a grinder either in advance or just before cooking.
- Keep the spices in a dark, dry, cool place. Small tin cans are great.
- Make a batch big enough to last for about 4–6 months; after that, the spices will lose some flavor and color. They won't spoil, though—they'll just be less powerful.
If you want to take up the heat, just add more chili.