Quick green curry chicken with peanuts
- 8 oz. (1½ cups) 230 g (350 ml) , cut into thin wedges, cut into thin wedges
- 10 oz. 280 g fresh broccoli
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb 450 g cooked chicken breast (without skin), slicedcooked chicken breasts (without skin), sliced
- 14 oz. 400 g unsweetened
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ oz. 45 g salted peanuts finely chopped, for topping
- Peel the lower part of the broccoli stem with a potato peeler or a small sharp knife. Cut the remaining broccoli into thin rods lengthwise, so that the florets and the stem are still joined together.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a sauté pan, over high heat. Fry the broccoli and onion for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken breast, coconut milk, curry paste, and peanut butter to the wok. Stir together, and let it simmer for a few minutes to enhance the flavors. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, sprinkle each dish with chopped peanuts! Enjoy.
If you don't have any leftover chicken for this recipe, you can add the raw sliced chicken in the wok before the vegetables. Season with salt. Or you can buy a rotisserie chicken. You can also substitute the chicken with seafood.
Skip the peanut butter and peanuts if you want to lower your carbs, or if you don't tolerate legumes.