Roasted chicken legs and cherry tomatoes with garlic-butter
- 4 4 chicken leg (about 5 oz each)chicken legs (about 5 oz each)
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper
- 20 oz. 550 g broccoli
- 20 oz. 550 g (850 ml) cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (8 g) fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Toss chicken legs with olive oil and seasoning.
- Put the chicken legs, skin side up, in a baking dish together with the tomatoes. Bake 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken reaches 165 °F (74 °C).
- While the chicken is in the oven, cut the broccoli into florets and slice the stem (or use frozen). Boil in lightly salted water for 5 minutes in a saucepan. Drain the water and put on the lid to keep warm.
- Mix all the ingredients to the garlic butter in a bowl. Set aside.
- Serve the chicken with the broccoli, tomatoes and garlic butter.
The dark meat of a chicken leg has more fat and is more satiating than the white meat of chicken breast. Feel free to eat the crispy, delicious chicken skin, too.