Low-carb & keto
Vibrant veggies take center stage on your plate as you cut way back on ordinary starches like rice, potatoes and pasta. Savor these flavorful side dishes, each with added fat. So tasty. So satisfying. Discover low-carb classics like coleslaw and buttery cabbage. Or, look for edgier gourmet options like creamy lemon green beans. Deliciousness awaits!
Our top recipes with the #1 keto veggie — cauliflower
Recipe collection Here you’ll find the inspiration you need to prepare a healthy and heavenly side dish with cauliflower. This super veggie is exceptionally versatile and can be turned into everything from a pizza crust to a creamy, buttery caulimash.
Top 30 side dishes
Top 5 must-have keto ingredients for savory sides
- “Cole crops”: Cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, collard greens and kale are all high in nutrients (especially vitamin C) and low in carbs. Incredible versatile veggies that every low-carber should have in their fridge.
- Zucchini: Also very versatile. Cut it in half, spoon out the seeds and fill with your favorite toppings or spiralize the zucchini to turn it into “zoodles“. Or why not cut it into cubes to make a low-carb “potato salad“?
- Mushrooms: Great flavor and meat-like consistency. Delicious to fill with cheese and bake in the oven or fry together with butter and garlic. Also add protein and are high in potassium.
- Cheese: Takes veggies to another level. Use a strong and salty cheese like goat cheese, parmesan or blue cheese to give the side dish a punch of flavour and richness.
- Butter: Definitely a must-have. Everything gets better with butter, right?
Your favorite side dishes
Have you been eyeing a recipe that you would like to try soon? Perhaps you’ve already tried dozens and you’d like to have easy access to your go-to favorites anytime? Become a member to activate this feature. Join us—it’s free for a month!