Low-carb cauliflower hash browns
- 15 oz. 450 g cauliflower
- 3 3 eggeggs
- ½ ½ yellow onion, gratedyellow onions, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 pinches 2 pinches pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g butter, for frying
- Rinse, trim and grate the cauliflower using a food processor or grater.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Set aside for 5–10 minutes.
- Melt a generous amount of butter or oil on medium heat in a large skillet. The cooking process will go quicker if you plan to have room for 3–4 pancakes (about 3–4 inches each) at a time. Use the oven on low heat to keep the first batches of pancakes warm while you make the others.
- Place scoops of the grated cauliflower mixture in the frying pan and flatten them carefully until they measure about 3–4 inches in diameter.
- Fry for 4–5 minutes on each side. Adjust the heat to make sure they don’t burn. Remember — patience is a virtue — if you flip the pancakes too soon they may fall apart!
Pair these with a fresh, leafy salad for color and crunch.