Keto cauliflower hash browns
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 3 3 eggeggs
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) , grated, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 pinches 2 pinches pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g butter, for frying
- Rinse, trim and grate the cauliflower using a food processor, or grater.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Set aside for 5–10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven on low heat. In a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt a generous amount of the butter.
- Place 3-4 scoops (1 scoop, per pancake) of the grated cauliflower mixture in the frying pan, and flatten them carefully until they measure about 3–4 inches (7.6-10 cm) in diameter.
- Fry for 4–5 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Transfer the first batches of pancakes to a baking dish, and place in the oven to keep warm, while making more batches. Add butter to the skillet when needed, and adjust the heat to prevent burning. (Remember — patience is a virtue — if you flip the pancakes too soon they may fall apart!)
Feel free to bump up the protein by serving these with two fried eggs and a few slices of Canadian bacon.