Vegan kale and spinach soup
- 3 oz. 85 g kale
- 2 2 garlic clove, choppedgarlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cardamom (green)
- salt and pepper
- Melt the coconut oil in a hot thick-bottomed pot or pan.
- Sauté the spinach and kale briefly. The vegetable should just shrink and get a little color, but no more. Remove from the heat.
- Add water, coconut milk, avocado and spices. Blend with a hand blender until creamy.
- Add lime juice. Add more spices if you want.
- Fry kale and garlic on high heat until the garlic turns golden. Garnish the soup and serve.
If you don't like coconut milk you can of course make this soup with heavy cream or full-fat sour cream. And butter instead of coconut oil. The soup will then be vegetarian, not vegan!
Recommended special equipment
Hand mixer or food processor