Endive. Bitter-sweet. Sublime. Even more heavenly when butter-fried and served slightly caramelized with chives. And it's almost effortless to prepare—why wait?
- 2 lbs 900 g endive
- 4¼ oz. 120 g butter
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Cut the endives into inch-sized pieces.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over high heat and add endive to the frying pan.
- Stir and continue to fry on lower heat until the endive is soft and browned.
- Be sure that most of the liquid evaporates so that the endive will be caramelized properly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with finely chopped chives or parsley. Enjoy as a side dish or gourmet topping on salads.