Roasted pointed cabbage with mozzarella cheese
Fancy-up your roasted green cabbage with some oozy mozzarella. It can be served as a low carb side dish with meat or poultry or on its own, as a vegetarian dish with salad and a nice dressing.
- 2 lbs 900 g pointed cabbage
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 7 oz. 200 g butter
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (220 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Chop the pointed cabbage into wedges and place in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and add the dry herbs.
- Grate butter and put on top and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cabbage turns a nice color.
- Remove from the oven and add the shredded mozzarella cheese. Put back in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and starts to brown, about 15-20 minutes.
You can use any kind of cabbage – fresh green cabbage, red cabbage, cauliflower, savoy cabbage and even broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
"liberal" and yet the nutrition brake down is almost identical. So how do I figure out what's really what?
Sorry to hear that, Kat! As ovens can vary, it may need to cook a bit longer in your oven.