Roasted red cabbage
- 1 lb (6½ cups) 450 g (1.5 liters)
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove the core. Divide the red cabbage into thick slices - about ¾ inch – and spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a large baking dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste; pour a generous amount of olive oil on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cabbage turns a bit crisp but not burned.
You can use any type of cabbage you want – fresh green cabbage, pointed cabbage, savoy cabbage and perhaps even broccoli and Brussels sprouts. Adjust cooking time accordingly.