Roasted red cabbage
This side dish is the ultimate triple treat. It’s got beauty, flavor AND nutrients. Not to mention, easy to prepare and low carb too. Enjoy it during the week or for fun weekend get-togethers. This one’s an all-around winner.
- 1 lb (6½ cups) 450 g (1.5 liters) red cabbage
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground black pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove the core. Divide the red cabbage into thick slices - about ¾ inch – and spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a large baking dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste; pour a generous amount of olive oil on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cabbage turns a bit crisp but not burned.
You can use any type of cabbage you want – fresh green cabbage, pointed cabbage, savoy cabbage and perhaps even broccoli and Brussels sprouts. Adjust cooking time accordingly.