Low-carb salad olivieh
- 1¼ lbs 550 g , peeled and diced
- 1¼ lbs 550 g mayonnaise
- 15 oz. 425 g sugar-free, dill pickle, dicedsugar-free, dill pickles, diced
- 8 oz. 230 g frozen green peas, thawed
- 3½ oz. 100 g green olives, chopped
- 2 lbs 900 g rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 10 10 large, hard boiled egg, choppedlarge, hard boiled eggs, chopped
- ¼ cup 60 ml lemon juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 oz. (1½ cups) 280 g (375 ml) tomatotomatoes
- 2 2 sugar-free, dill pickle, spears, cut into thirdssugar-free, dill pickles, spears, cut into thirds
- 1 oz. (5 tbsp) 28 g (75 ml) fresh mint, minced, plus 1 sprig of mint
- 8 8 green olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, over high heat. Add the diced rutabaga and boil for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl, and mix together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread the salad onto a large serving dish and garnish with the sliced tomatoes, sliced pickle, fresh mint, and olives. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Enjoy immediately, or to maximize flavor refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
To make hard-boiled eggs: Place the eggs into a large pot. Add cool water and cover the tops of the eggs by at least 1 inch of water. Over high heat, bring the water to a rolling boil, and then turn off the heat. Cover, and let the eggs sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl of ice water. Transfer the eggs into the water, and cool for at least 5 minutes before peeling.
This salad goes perfectly with all kinds of low-carb and keto bread, veggies or why not use it as a creamy filling in an avocado half.
How can I make it keto?
You can replace the rutabaga with cauliflower and skip the green peas to reduce the carbs.