Swedish pizza salad
- 1 lb 450 g , finely shredded
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- Finely shred the cabbage using a food processor, knife, mandolin, or vegetable peeler.
- Add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, oregano, freshly ground black pepper, and salt to a bowl large enough to comfortably fit all the shredded cabbage. Mix well.
- Add the shredded cabbage and massage it into the vinaigrette with clean hands. This helps to soften and flavor it.
- Serve the salad immediately, or set aside for at least an hour allowing the cabbage to marinate even longer in the vinaigrette.
Make a big batch while you're at it. Pizza salad stays fresh for up to a week in the fridge. It gets better with time!
You can substitute distilled white vinegar (5%) for white wine vinegar.