- Preheat the oven to 480ºF (250ºC).
- Cut the eggplants and bell peppers in half length-wise, and deseed the bell peppers.
- Place the vegetables peel-side up in an ovenproof dish.
- Set the dish in the middle of the oven, and bake for 30 minutes, turning the eggplants after 20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let the vegetables cool down a little.
- Cut the chili in half and deseed it. Use rubber gloves to complete this task, and do not touch your face! For a spicier eggplant salad, leave the seeds in.
- Chop the chili very finely.
- Chop the parsley and crush the garlic.
- In a bowl, mix it all with the lemon juice.
- Pull the skins off the grilled vegetables and dice them. Add to the parsley mix and add the mayonnaise.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Chill for a few hours to give the flavors time to develop.