Butter-fried kale with pork and cranberries
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
- 1 lb 450 g kale
- ¾ lb 325 g smoked pork belly or bacon
- 2 oz. 55 g pecans or walnuts
- 2 oz. 55 g frozen cranberries
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse, trim and chop kale into large chunks. Set aside.
- Cut the pork belly into strips (or use strips of bacon) and fry in butter over medium high heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Add kale to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat. Add cranberries and nuts to the pan and stir. Serve immediately.
This tasty side can easily be made into an entire meal by adding a couple of fried eggs. For variety, try substituting kale for Tuscan cabbage or fresh spinach.