Keto fried eggs with kale and pork
- 3 oz. 85 g butter or coconut oil, divided
- 8 oz. 230 g kale, chopped into large pieces (See Tip)
- 8 oz. 230 g uncooked bacon, cut into 1/4" (.64 cm) pieces
- 1 oz. 28 g frozen cranberries
- 1 oz. 28 g pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- salt and pepper
- Melt two-thirds of the butter in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat. Add the kale and fry for a few minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Add the bacon to the pan, and fry over medium-high heat for 7 - 10 minutes, or until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess fat, and remove the bacon fat from the pan (reserve or discard).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Return the kale to the pan and add the cranberries and nuts. Stir until warmed through, and then reserve in a bowl.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan, over medium heat. Fry the eggs for a few minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolks thicken. For serving, season with salt and pepper, and plate the eggs with the kale mixture.
Pre-washed, baby kale can be used instead of kale. It's a terrific shortcut, and it will cook slightly faster than kale. Switch it up with other greens... cabbage, chard, or spinach offer tasty variations. Or, make it a side dish by eliminating the fried eggs.