Keto fried eggs with kale and pork
- ½ lb 220 g kale
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
- 6 oz. 170 g smoked pork belly or bacon
- 1 oz. 28 g frozen cranberries
- 1 oz. 28 g pecans or walnuts
- 4 4 eggeggs
- salt and pepper
- Trim and chop the kale into large squares. (Pre-washed baby kale is a terrific shortcut.) Melt two thirds of the butter in a frying pan and fry the kale quickly on high heat until slightly browned around the edges.
- Remove the kale from the frying pan and set aside. Sear the pork belly or bacon in the same frying pan until crispy.
- Lower the heat. Return the sautéed kale to the pan and add the cranberries and nuts. Stir until warmed through. Reserve in a bowl.
- Turn up the heat and fry the eggs in the rest of the butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Plate two fried eggs with each portion of greens and serve immediately.
Switch it up with other greens... cabbage, chard, or spinach offer tasty variations. Or, make it a side dish by eliminating the fried eggs.