Thai curry cabbage
Feeling “hot-hot-hot”? Spice up dinner with this easy low-carb side. Fried green cabbage gets cozy with Thai red curry in a wok near you. Everyone at your table will celebrate this match!
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red curry paste preferably thai
- 30 oz. 900 g shredded green cabbage
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Heat up coconut oil in a frying pan or a wok over high heat. Add curry paste and stir for a minute. Add cabbage.
- Sauté until the cabbage begins to turn golden brown, but still is a little chewy. Stir thoroughly and lower the heat towards the end.
- Salt to taste. Add sesame oil and sauté for another 1–2 minutes and serve!
When selecting a green cabbage, go for the ones with tight, compact heads. And look for a firm stem, rather than limp, for the freshest taste.