Oven-baked rutabaga wedges
- 1 lb 450 g rutabaga
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili powder or paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse and peel the rutabagas. Smaller roots will bake faster in the oven.
- Divide into wedges and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Salt and pepper. Sprinkle olive oil on top and mix well.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the wedges have turned a nice color. Use a knife to check if they're ready. They bake faster towards the end, so pay attention.
- Serve with meat or fish of your choice.
Rutabaga season is October to March so they are great for fall and winter meals. They keep in the fridge for up to two weeks so you can try them out in multiple ways!
Carbs in root vegetables
The numbers are grams of carbs per 100 grams. Note that rutabaga has less than half the carbs of potatoes, making rutabaga wedges a significantly better option (but still not strict low carb). Full guide >