Rutabaga wedges: the PERFECT antidote to those pesky French fry cravings. Healthy, simple and low carb... an amazing alternative to potatoes. Spice them up any way you like. Trust us, these are addictively good!
- 1 lb 450 g rutabaga
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon chili powder or paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse and peel the rutabagas. Smaller roots will bake faster in the oven.
- Divide into wedges and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Salt and pepper. Sprinkle olive oil on top and mix well.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the wedges have turned a nice color. Use a knife to check if they're ready. They bake faster towards the end, so pay attention.
- Serve with meat or fish of your choice.