Keto butter chicken wings
- ¾ cup (4¾ oz.) 180 ml (140 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp finely chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken wings
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp tandoori seasoning
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ½ tsp coriander, ground
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garam masala seasoning
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup 120 ml tomato puree
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried fenugreek (kasoori methi)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for serving
- ¼ cup 60 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the yogurt, cream cheese, garlic powder, chaat masala, and cilantro. Season with salt, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more, until serving.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Set aside a rimmed baking sheet with a fitted rack, lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the salt, tandoori masala, and ghee. Add the chicken wings, and toss them together to completely coat.
- Using tongs, place wings on the baking tray rack, and bake for 25 minutes. Transfer wings into a large bowl and set aside. Meanwhile, prepare the butter sauce.
- Heat the butter, ginger garlic paste, chili powder, turmeric, ground coriander, garam masala, and cumin in a small saucepan, over low heat. Whisk together until butter is melted and combined.
- Add the tomato purée, water, and fenugreek. Stir together, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the cilantro and cream, whisk together, and cook uncovered for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Pour 3/4 sauce over the wings, and toss to coat. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, return wings to the baking rack and bake for 10 minutes, or longer for desired crispiness (reserve the leftover butter sauce in the bowl).
- Transfer baked wings into the bowl containing the 1/4 reserved butter sauce, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle extra cilantro over the wings, and serve with the chatpata dip on the side.
Preparing the chicken wings
You can buy chicken wings cut up and ready to fry but if you have the whole wing, you will need to break them down to proceed. It's easy! You just need to locate the joints and dislocate them between the wingette and drumette. Just use a sharp knife to cut through the joint, and you're good to go!
If you don't have tandoori masala at home, you can use a mixture of red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, and coriander powder. The best practice is to bake the chicken wings on a baking tray with a fitted rack because this method prevents the wings from steaming and getting cooked in their own juices.
store and the end result blew me away. Will be cooking more Indian dishes from you guys <3
It is a unique spice blend that calls for many harder to find ingredients. Many people choose to buy a pre-made blend. There are many options on the market, but here is a link to one.
We have not tested this recipe using frying as the cooking method but it should work well.
Fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to let us know!