Pan-fried radishes with bacon
- 10 oz. 280 g bacon, chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g radish, quarteredradishes, quartered
- 1 1 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a large skillet, fry bacon on medium-high heat for a few minutes. Add radishes and garlic.
- Keep frying while stirring occasionally. Fry for about 10-15 minutes, until the radishes get soft and have a nice color. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.
You can serve this as a side dish or add a few fried eggs and you get a tasty brunch! It tastes best when it's freshly fried.
For a vegetarian version, fry some chopped onion in butter instead of the bacon, and season with smoked paprika. Keep in mind that the amount of the carbohydrates will be higher.