Sautéed kale takes the lead in this fabulous, crispy, keto salad. Together, scrumptious blue cheese, Dijon mustard and garlic bring down the house. We give this one a standing ovation. Great as a side dish to almost any meal. Bravo!
- ¾ cup 180 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1 garlic clove, minced or finely choppedgarlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. 60 g butter
- 8 oz. 225 g kale
- 4 oz. 110 g blue cheese or feta cheese
- Mix together heavy cream, mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil and garlic in a small beaker. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Rinse the kale and cut into small, bite-size pieces. Remove and discard the thick stem.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter. Sauté the kale quickly so it turns a nice color, but no more than that. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a bowl and pour the dressing on top. Stir thoroughly and serve with crumbled blue cheese or another flavorful cheese of your choice.
The dressing is great with any type of leafy green salad.
If you like green juice, save the kale stems and ribs and use them in your next juice!