Dill and tomato herring
A budget-friendly and delicious homemade classic that's super easy to make. Perfect with keto seed crackers and it will be a great addition to your festive buffet table!
- 1½ lbs 650 g fresh herring, fillets
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 oz. (3 cups) 28 g (750 ml) fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried dill, seeds
- 2⁄3 cup 160 ml water
- ½ cup 120 ml tomato paste
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove all fins of the herring fillets and rinse with cold water. Drain in a colander. Salt the fillets on the inside.
- Roll up the fillets meat side out and place them tightly in a baking dish. Sprinkle with the dill and the dill seeds. Mix water and tomato paste and pour over the fillets.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool and serve lukewarm or cold, preferably with seed crackers and butter.