- 1½ lbs 700 g broccoli
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml fresh basil or fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Boil the broccoli in plenty of lightly salted water for a couple of minutes – just enough to retain a somewhat firm texture. Discard the water.
- Blend with the other ingredients in a food processor or use an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add more oil or butter if you so desire.
- Serve piping hot!
You can use either frozen or fresh broccoli with this recipe. If you use fresh broccoli, save the stalk, peel it with a sharp knife and slice thinly. Cut the rest of the broccoli into smaller florets of roughly equal size. Feel free to substitute olive oil for some of the butter in any proportion you choose.