- 1½ lbs 700 g rutabaga
- 51⁄3 tablespoons 80 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon paprika powder or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C). Peel the rutabaga cut into pieces that you can run through your spiralizer. Cut the long spirals with scissors so that the curls are bite-sized. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can cut the root into super thin rods with a sharp knife.
- Place in a bowl or plastic bag. Pour over the other ingredients and stir/shake thoroughly.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve immediately with a main course and sauce of your choice.
Use two baking sheets if you’re making more than two servings. Take into account that the rutabaga will shrink quite a bit in the oven.
Do you want to know more about how many carbs there are in different vegetables? Check out our low-carb vegetables guide.